Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky is the first new oval to be added to the NASCAR Sprint Cup schedule in 10 years. To mark this event we at Smiffsden has gone mad and made one of our most feature packed tracks to date featuring the legendary AI from J.R. Franklin, only you'll have no problems getting into this track.
Updates/changes since v1.0:
- Scratch built track from Satellite data and track information including the new curved pit lane
- Full day to night transition graphics
- Full length pit speed rules (as per the races)
- 2011 Sprint Cup weekend race logos
- New wall, ground, sky textures, lights, etc. etc.
- Optimized 3D crowd who do things
- Whelen Pit Entry/Exit light system with flagger and lollipop man too (see Known Issues)
- Updated cameras
- Day to Night transition is now seen on all TSO levels (Min, Some & All).
- Fixed the lift towers on the Grandstand so they are the correct color and don't suffer polygon tearing when viewed from some angles.
- Fixed the transitional wall in turn 3 so that the daylight wall doesn't stick out of the shadow.
- Fixed some shadow polygon tearing that was present on the trackside hills.
- Completely rebuilt and reanimated the Whelen Pit Entry & Exit lighting system (see readme).
- Added Caution Lights to the bottom row of the pit exit light which Nascar uses on some tracks.
- Fixed the min_race.lp line at the start finish line where there was a break in it.
- Fixed the pitlane entry flag official so he shows the correct pitlane status (see readme).
- Added PTA and OWR05 track ini settings for AI (see readme).
- Many other graphical fixes and updates that I can't remember.
- Added 2x (40 minutes day to night) and 4x (20 minutes day to night) ptf files for offline use (see readme).
There is always a night sky in your mirror, even during the day, again this is a limitation of the games graphics engine - blame Papyrus - oh we can't can we?
The Kentucky Speedway building on the outside of turn 3 looks a bit naff (imho) in white, but it's what the track did.
You may still see random texture clipping, again there's not much I can do about that.
The billboards are best guess, they're not quiet in the right position, but then this isn't a laser scanned track.
The Grandstands don't really extend as far as they should, we know, deal with it LOL.
The track is filled up with shadow maps, so first thing to do if having fps issues is to turn them off along with reflections. Users of high detail mods such as Cup11s and the Indycar mod may see a bigger than normal fps hit.
The AI, Track Grip/Wear and bumps:
J.R. Franklin has lent his AI expertise to the track AI, they are quiet racey so you should have some fun with them, thanks JR!
Report to Smiffsden facebook page.
I would like to thank everybody who helped identify track side logo's on Facebook and the following who either sourced or supplied information and/or photos of the track and it's surroundings, without all of their help the track simply wouldn't be what it is, there are far too many people to list here but the following deserve an honourable mention....
Vincent Furlong and Scott Relyea.
I'd also like to thank my wife and son for humouring me all this time when I get my "Track OCD moments".
Be sure to checkout NR2003 Tracks - http://www.nr2k3tracks.com for all your up to date Nascar Racing 2003 Season mods and tracks.
If you appreciate our work, please consider a small donation to help with the costs of keeping the Smiffsden server running, thank you.
Kentucky_2011v2.exe (Installer 49.2MB)
Kentucky_2011v2.7z (Day to Night version - 7zip Archive 43.9MB)
Kentucky_2011_SDT_Night.7z (Night only - 7Zip Archive 10MB)